A place for Strong, Positive, Caring Wargamers.

This blog is for strong, positive, caring wargamers who like good looking models, crazy tactics and playing awesome games.

Tuesday 27 April 2010

Upcoming Game - Marcus: The Man, The Legend

I just wanted to give a heads up on a game I got against a fellow from my local club. We're both practising for the the European Team Championships as we'll be entering together in a team with a fellow wargamers Minus_T and A_Bomb!.

Marcus: The Man, The Legend
This game has been a long time coming, Marcus played MK1 Warmachine with a warjack heavy force that went around raping people. He's bounce between the Old Witch (That old whore! I fucking hate playing her) and The Butcher of Khardov (This bastard is a terror). One thing I noticed from the few games I watched was that his command of his forces was tighter than my sphincter. He'd place models in very specific formations to maximise his fire and use his warjacks to provide a highly threatening battlefield presence. His Drakhun has survived feats of unparalleled violence only to go and ravage some poor and lonely warcaster. His current favourites are Zerkova, The Butcher, Strakhov and the Old Witch. He knows my play style pretty damn well so I expect to see something ready to fuck me over as soon as it hits the field.

I'm gonna have to bring an absolute anal catastrophe of a list to face him. As we are both playing to train, I'll be using one of the casters from my suite; pVladimir, pIrusk, eVladimir, eIrusk or my brand new Strakhov. Either way, I'd better keep my shit tight or I will get my shit ruined.

The game will played tonight at 8:30pm GMT. The force sizes will be 50 points and shit is gonna get wild. Expect a short but visceral battle report later tonight.

5 comments:

  1. Man, building the tension. This fight is on a "Rumble in the Jungle" scale. I got BBC, ITV, C4 and Sky fighting over viewing rights. Unfortunately,I have no idea what force I am bringing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here, I just got off the phone with Rupert Murdock and he said he wants a interview asap.

    I told him to fuck his elbow.

    Seriously, I'm in the same boat so tonight's showdown is gonna be pretty odd. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say bring Chaos Daemons. Just load up a Bloodthirster with an Axe of Khorne, Obsidian Armour and a Firestorm Blade and you'll win automatically.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @350kilotons: Yeah, but he's got Dragon Armour on his High Elf Prince. :(

    @DeveloperXIII: Done. With loads of shittily drawn pictures to boot. :D

    ReplyDelete